We perform many surgical procedures on a weekly basis, ranging from routine neutering’s and dentals to more complex soft tissue surgery and orthopaedic work. We have fantastic behind the scenes facilities and equipment to help us diagnose and monitor your pet’s health and well-being.
If you have been advised that your pet needs surgery, we understand that this can be a worrying time for you. We are happy to provide regular updates throughout your pet’s stay with us, and encourage you to phone the practice if you have any concerns about your pet during his/her stay. As pet owners ourselves, we would rather be able to reassure you than have you sitting at home worrying!
Our experienced staff maintain the high standards that we expect and provide for your pet. Every animal is given pain relief, pre and post operatively (some practices still don’t do this). If your pet requires a blood test we can do this in-house and have the results within 20 minutes. We recommend a general health profile for every patient undergoing a general anaesthetic as a gold standard. This is particularly recommended in ‘elderly’ patients over 7 years of age, and provides us with a general view of your pets health, including liver and kidney status.
At the time of booking, you will receive a pre anaesthetic advice sheet. A copy of this is below :
The evening before:
- Administer any medications as normal – unless your vet has specified not to.
- Feed your pet as normal up to 9pm at night.
- No food, milk or titbits should be given after this time.
- Do not remove water – this should be available until you bring them to the surgery.
On the morning of the anaesthetic
- Please take your pet out to the toilet before coming to the surgery.
- Please bring them to the surgery with a suitable collar and lead, or in a secure basket
At the surgery
- The reception staff will weigh them, this is so medicines can be give accurately.
- You will be asked to complete a consent form – this is necessary before we can undertake any procedures.
- It is vital that the surgery can contact you during the day. Please ensure that you give the practice all relevant phone numbers, where you can be contacted anytime throughout the day.
- The vet will examine your pet – please allow enough time for the vet to check and admit them.
- We may advise pre-operative checks such as a blood test or a urine sample. These are important as they can help identify any underlying problems such as liver or kidney disease, which could cause complications during anaesthesia. Pre-anaesthetic checks are particularly advisable on higher risk patients such as elderly pets, unwell pets or pets on medication.
After the procedure:
- Most patients go home with a ‘recovery pack’ containing sensitivity control diet. This is a palatable, highly digestible bland diet which is ideal for your pet after surgery or sedation.
- We recommend that your pet is suitably rested after surgery to allow wound healing. If your pet is particularly difficult to keep still, why not try Calmex capsules for dogs, or Calmex liquid for cats, a combination of natural calming ingredients added to their diet. This can also be used before planned procedures. Just ask at reception for more information.
- If live fleas are found on your pet we will administer appropriate treatment and charge accordingly
- Does your pet require dentistry? Please ask for a free dental check
- Is your pet microchipped? For only £19.71* your pet can be fitted with a tiny microchip with an identification code unique to you and your pet. It is injected under the skin. If your pet is lost or stolen all veterinary surgeons/dog pounds and the police have scanners which will read the microchip barcode and help reunite you with your pet.
- Is your pet insured? In many cases (though not all) we can claim directly from your insurance company. If you would like us to do this we will need to see an up to date insurance schedule before your pet’s procedure is carried out and have a signed claim form from yourself. The policy excess will be payable to us at the time of treatment. Please ask for a guidance leaflet.
*All prices assume Loyalty Card discount applies